Call for NOMINATIONS
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
For Two (2) Members of the Board of Education, 2 Year Term.
November 1, 2019 to October 31, 2021
COMMUNITY MEMBERS’ ELIGIBILITY FOR BOARD OF EDUCATION NOMINATIONS/ELECTIONS:
- Registered Fisher River Cree Nation Member, 18 years of age or over.
- An employee and/or contractor, with the Fisher River Board of Education will not be eligible to serve as a Board Member.
- Must have resided on the reserve for a period of one year prior to October 8, 2019.
- A person with a Criminal Record is not eligible to be elected or serve as a Board member.
- No conflict of interest or monetary interest in the program and service area he/she represents.
- Willing to take training so as to increase awareness and knowledge in respective program areas, community development and management.
- A role model to the community – open, honest, and respectful of others, positive attitude and values. Must be fair, objective and community oriented.
- Any post-secondary student currently funded by Fisher River Board of Education will not be eligible to serve as a Board Member.
- Must abide by the Fisher River Cree Nation Illegal Drug Bylaw and submit to drug testing.
When nominating a candidate, the nominator and seconder must sign the nomination sheet.
Nominators can nominate more than one candidate, but must have a different seconder for each nominee.
Election will be held on:
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.