|Posting Date: November 25, 2019||Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor|
|Department: Maintenance||Position Status: Full Time|
|Supervisor: Director||Hours of Work: 80 Hrs. bi-weekly|
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have an updated Criminal Record check & Adult Abuse Registry check
- Must possess a valid Class 4 Drivers License.
- Must have valid certificates in C.P.R., First Aide, Transportation of Dangerous Good and Fire Extinguisher Training or willing to obtain.
- Must have knowledge of different building systems including machinery, heating/cooling, plumbing, water, ventilation and electrical.
- Must be able to operate a Bob Cat, riding mower and other equipment as needed and able to perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs on all equipment used.
- Must have basic understanding of Computers and good writing skills.
- Familiar with relevant health and safety standards and regulations.
- Must be in good physical/mental health.
- Must be mature, patient and enjoy working with the elderly and must maintain a positive relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of speaking and/or understanding the Cree and Ojibway language would be an asset.
- Oversees all activities of the PCH Maintenance Department and major renovations to facility and buildings.
- Supervises maintenance support worker.
- Provides orientation to new drivers on vehicle/client safety and operational safety; cleaning interior and maintaining of handi-transit/wheelchair vans.
- Functions as a member of the Senior Staff management team and adhere to the provincial health standards.
- Follows the safety regulations and procedures of the Personal Care Home.
- Completes daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual checklists.
- Is available for on-call and alternate with maintenance support worker for a period of two weeks at a time.
- Establishes a preventative maintenance program for the facility, buildings and machinery.
- Conducts all on-going maintenance required of the facility and buildings including painting, patching, heavy picture hanging, and general repairs and replacements.
- Responsible for the removal of garbage from designated areas in the home to the outside garbage containers and clean and maintain garbage bins.
- Responsible for the moving and lifting furniture, equipment and supplies and other heavy items.
- Responsible for total grounds maintenance Personal Care Home and trailers, including cleaning and snow removal from parking lots, sidewalks, exit doors, and other areas that require ice removal.
- Responsible for the custody, control, and responsibility of all operating manuals and warranties of facility equipment such as dishwashers, stoves, and lifts.
- Submits budget requests for the up-keep of grounds, parking lots, and all other outside areas of building.
- Submits item pricing for interior decorating and maintenance of the building.
- Completes required reports.
- Relieves Maintenance Helper & Driver’s when required.
- Assist in fire drills, emergency evacuations, and disaster situations.
- Participate in PCH maintenance departmental meetings, PCH general staff meetings, and staff educational workshops/events.
|Please submit Application & Resume with Two (2) References one being your latest employer to:
Ochekwi Sipi Cree Nation Personal Care Home
Koostatak, Mb. R0C 1S0
Phone: 204-645-2811 Fax: 204-645-2450
Deadline: December 6, 2019
We thank all those that apply and only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.
The successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment testing as per the FRCN Illegal Drug Policy.