MAINTENANCE GROUNDS KEEPER
Term Position – At All Education Facilities
(Charles Sinclair School, Fisher River High School, Transportation Centre, VJK Building, Daycare and Teacher Residences)
1 . Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers License
2. Grade 12 preferred
3. Certificate to operate heavy equipment or willing to obtain
4. Ability to lift heavy objects
5. Previous experience a definite asset.
1. Be responsible for preparation of fields, track and grounds for athletic, extra-curricular and other public events as necessary.
2. Monitor and maintain in safe condition all playground equipment and grounds equipment.
3. Perform grounds keeping services including, but not limited to mowing, weed control, edging, trimming, fertilization, trimming and pruning,
4. Clean and maintain pavements and parking areas including sweeping, trash pick-up, minor repairs, crack filling and other similar services.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Applicants will submit, to the Board of Education Office:
(1) Resume, with three references, one of which must be the last employer;
(2) Criminal record check;
(3) Child Abuse Registry Check;
The successful candidate’s employment is contingent upon provision of clear substance abuse test, as per the Fisher River Cree Nation Illegal Drug Bylaw.
Applicants may submit their resumes, along with three references (one of which must the last employer), to the Board of Education office.
Application deadline: FRIDAY, MAY 10, 2019