Full Time – HEALTH & FITNESS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Fisher River Cree Nation (FRCN) is presently seeking a Health & Fitness Program Coordinator (HFPC) to work under the direction of the Chief and in collaboration with Council. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the development and delivery of teen and adult programs and services consistent with Association strategic and Centre’s program plans.
- Provide leadership, supervision and direction to direct reports including personal and professional growth and development opportunities;
- Maintain and exemplify the HFP standards and model appropriate behaviour to staff, volunteers and members in line with our mission, vision and values;
- Management and supervision of Fitness Centre staff, programs, services and program areas;
- Monitor and respond to program quality, member experience and program trends consistent with the HFP and Safety & Health best practices and standards ensuring the highest level of service possible;
- Instruct and provide leadership to a variety of Health & Fitness programs and services;
- Monitor condition of program spaces on an ongoing basis and take responsibility for its cleanliness and maintenance of equipment to ensure it is in good and safe working order;
- Have an understanding and appreciation of all Health & Fitness programs and services;
- Perform other program or Centre responsibilities as determined.
- Monitor and manage annual budgets including purchasing equipment and supplies and coding revenue and expenses;
- Complete administrative responsibilities including course inputs, managing registration and waiting lists, scheduling and payroll, staff performance appraisals, monitoring program statistics, and creation of reports and related tasks on a timely basis;
- Adhere to Association policies and procedures; is aware of the Health & Fitness Child Protection Policy;
- Practice confidentiality in all aspects of employment
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post Secondary education in Recreation, Kinesiology, or related area preferred,
- Respect in Sport, Health & Fitness certifications an asset,
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C,
- Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check,
- Must have experience in a supervisory capacity,
- Good oral, written communication and organization skills;
- Strong public relations and customer service skills,
- Demonstrated interpersonal, coaching and supervision skills,
- Excellent team player and able to deal with difficult situations and member incidents with confidence,
- Knowledge of Computer Skills;
- Must be Physically fit, ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in loud, noisy environments (e.g. gymnasium, fitness and aquatic centres)
- Preference first to Fisher River Band Members.
Please forward your resume by: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 along with three (3) written references to:
Human Resource Coordinator
Fisher River Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 645-2171 Fax: (204) 645-2745 Email: email@example.com
The successful candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN By-Law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01). We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.