Job Summary: Establishes Resident Centered Care Plans; Supervises Nurses on Duty and Health Care Aides (HCA); Assesses and reviews each resident’s treatment plans to ensure accuracy and accountable administration of medications; Ensures current medical and personal care equipment, stock and supplies are provided to Nurses and Health Care Aides to support their work; Leads resident care team consultations and assists with medical team rounds, medication reviews and family/resident care conferences; Assesses the nursing work environment to ensure a safe work environment; Performs administrative and managerial functions for the day to day operation of the Nursing department; and other related nursing duties.
- Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with a suitable combination of education and management experience.
- Health Care Management or a suitable combination of education and experience related to the position, such as experience working as a Charge Nurse/Nurse in Charge in a First Nation community and/or Geriatric nursing.
- Currently registered in and in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba, or equivalent if a Registered Psychiatric Nurse, or currently registered and in good standing with the Association of Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Knowledge of the technical/legal boundaries and scope of work of the Registered Nurse; Registered Psychiatric Nurse; Licensed Practical Nursing and Health Care Aide.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and stressful situations including the ability to manage a Nursing Department team therefore must be in excellent physical, mental/emotional and spiritual health.
- Ability to communicate and relate very well verbally and written with physicians, nursing staff, support staff, residents and community; knowledge of cross-cultural awareness/diversity and/or experience in working with first nation peoples; ability to speak the Cree/Ojibway language is an asset.
- Commitment to continuing professional development and keeping current with long term care developments and practices.
Salary is comparable to similar positions in local geographic area and work experience; Accommodations available to those who require residence; Salary tax free/exempt for treaty First Nation Employees; Employee benefit package offered; contract may be considered.
Please submit your resume stating experience, qualifications, and an updated Criminal Record Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check along with three (3) references to:
OSCN Personal Care Home
Box 366 Koostatak, MB R0C 1S0
THIS POSITION WILL BE OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment testing as per the FRCN Illegal Drug Policy.
We thank all those that apply and only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.