Fisher River Cree Nation is seeking applications for a Flood Coordinator – duration of this position will be based on the severity of the 2019 Spring Flood and based on the funding availability. Work under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following key activities:
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Provide emergency support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the Fisher River Cree Nation.
- To be directly under the control of the Fisher River Cree Nation and be immediately available in any circumstances that the band defines as an emergency.
- Develop and implement procedures related to flood issues.
- Review the band’s emergency plan check list and ensure the emergency plan meets to the required standards
- Provide support to the Fisher River Cree Nation, The Province, and the community to coordinate actual or potential.
- Provide weekly reports to the Director of Operations as directed.
- Participate in The Province/RED CROSS/ISC initiated pre-flood conference calls.
- Identify low probable flood areas and install vertical measures to be able to measure water levels which will give you an indication when to start diking.
- Develop public information and emergency communications plans.
- Prepare and release public information announcements on the risk/threat of flooding and preventative measures that can be taken.
- Potential Start Date is April 1, 2019.
- Must be physically fit and able to meet the physical demand;
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and/or team environment, and to perform other duties required.
- Must be available to work, Saturdays and Sundays, when required
- Must have experience working with computer programs (Windows, Excel, Microsoft Office Outlook)
- Excellent written, communication and organizational skills.
- Must have a vehicle and a valid Manitoba Driver’s License (license must provide with Resume)
- Applicants must submit their Criminal Records Check, an Adult Abuse Registry check and a Child Abuse Registry Check with Resume. These checks are at the applicant’s personal cost.
Please forward your resume by Monday, March 25, 2019 @ 4:30 pm.
Human Resource Coordinator
Fisher River Cree Nation
*Successful Candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN Drug By-law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01). We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.*