FITNESS STAFF PERSONNEL
1– Part Time Position
1- On Call Position
Fisher River Cree Nation (FRCN) is presently seeking Fitness Staff Personnel to work under the direction of the Chief and in collaboration with Council. The successful incumbent must be enthusiastic, energetic and have a strong desire to share their knowledge and experience with others. Fitness Centre staff will contribute to the well-being of Fisher Rivers Fitness Centre members by helping them develop their fitness and personal skills through our programs, services and range of cardio and strength conditioning equipment. Fitness Centre staff will provide a friendly and welcoming environment and encourage social interaction among members and staff. The Successful candidates will have the opportunity for Certification by Manitoba fitness council.
- Arrive to shift on time, well groomed, wearing designated uniform, with a professional attitude;
- Exemplify excellent member service;
- Maintain open communication with health & fitness coordinator and Centre staff;
- Greet members when they enter the fitness centre and maintain a healthy positive relationship with them;
- Circulate in all sections of the fitness centre, scanning the facility for opportunities to interact with members;
- Approach members and offer assistance in accordance with experience and scope of practice;
- Deliver Fitness Centre Orientations, Equipment Orientation and be able to answer any fitness and/or Health related questions;
- Responsible for handling members personal and payment information;
- Responsible for handling cash, payments and maintaining records
- Ensure safety of members by keeping the fitness centre clean and organized and observing member activities and behavior;
- Perform light cleaning and maintenance on fitness centre equipment as required and report any items in need of repair to the Building Operator;
- Perform General Cleaning duties of the Facility and maintenance of cleaning supplies.
- Attend in-service training sessions as required;
- Adhere to Association policies and procedures;
- Practice confidentiality in all aspects of employment.
- Perform opening/closing duties of fitness center (lock/unlock doors, desks, etc.)
- Other duties assigned by Manager(s)
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fitness Theory Certification through Manitoba Fitness council or equivalent, or to be completed with 3 months of employment ;
- Standard First Aid CPR C;
- Criminal Record Check clearance;
- Child Abuse and Vulnerable Sector Search clearance;
- Experience with fitness and sport is preferred;
- Ability to work independently;
- Experience with fitness center building and equipment
- Successful completion of Grade 12 (or GED) or Higher level of education
- Ability to work in cool, noisy environments (e.g. gymnasium, fitness centre, fitness studio);
- Lift/move weights up to 45 lbs;
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work Days, evenings, Weekends as necessary
Please forward your resume by: Monday, March 12, 2018 @ 4:30 pm along with three (3) written references to:
Human Resource Coordinator
Fisher River Cree Nation
Phone: (204)645-2171 Fax: (204)645-2745 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The successful candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN By-Law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01).
We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.