The Ochekwi-Sipi Cree Nation Personal Care Home (OSCN PCH) is seeking a forward-thinking, goal-oriented Director to join our organization.
OSCN PCH is a 32 bed Long Term Care facility that provides 24 hour care for people who are no longer able to manage or to safely live at home.
In this position you will report directly to the Board of Directors of the Ochekwi-Sipi Cree Nation Personal Care Home. The Director is responsible for the financial, administration and personnel management of the Personal Care Home, as well as maintaining appropriate guidelines and regulations to ensure the highest degree of attention and care is provided to the residents of the facility. You must be approachable, and motivating, with proven leadership experience.
- RN Degree is required along with a degree in Healthcare/Business Administration from a recognized institution.
- Five (5) years work experience in a Geriatric Long Term Care and/or Health facility.
- Strong fiscal acumen to create and manage accurate budgets and strategic plans, along with knowledge of capital resources.
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory, practice and research in relation to the health care of the elderly.
- Must have knowledge in Provincial Care Standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate effective management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate staff.
- Strong background working with community as well as local, provincial and federal governments.
- Knowledge of First Nations cultural and spiritual needs.
Applications including Resume, Criminal Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, and Evidence of Education acquired (copies of diploma or degree) along with 3 references one being your latest employer can be forwarded to the following:
Ochekwi-Sipi Cree Nation Personal Care Home
Koostatak, Manitoba R0C 1S0
Telephone: (204) 645-2811 Fax: (204) 645-2450
Deadline for Applications: June 25, 2019
*We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.*
*As per the FRCN By-Law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01, the successful candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test.