Director of Nursing
Job Summary: The Director of Nursing (D.O.N) establishes and manages a comprehensive and quality assured resident care plan in accordance with Nursing Standards of Practice & Code of Ethics and as per the Long Term Care/Personal Care Home Standards of Manitoba. The 0.0.N manages the Nursing Department of the PCH which includes providing leadership & direction, teaching and support to the health care staff; working with the medical team; and, establishing policies and procedures within the Nursing Department as per provincial standards; and other related nursing duties.
- Bachelor of Nursing or a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with a suitable combination of education and management experience.
- Health care management, however other suitable combinations of education and experience related to the position, such as experience working as a Nurse in Charge in a First Nation community and/or in Geriatric nursing.
- Currently registered in and in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba, or equivalent if a Registered Psychiatric Nurse; Commitment to continuing professional development and keeping current with nursing care developments and practices.
- Knowledge of the technical/legal boundaries and perimeters of the Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse and other Nursing staff (LPN/HCA).
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and stressful situations at times and able to manage a Nursing team with confidence therefore must be in excellent physical, mental/emotional and spiritual health.
- Ability to communicate and relate very well verbally and written with physicians, nursing staff, support staff, residents and community;
- knowledge of cross-cultural awareness/diversity and/or experience in working with first nation peoples; ability to speak the Cree/Ojibway language is an asset.
Salary is comparable to similar positions in local geographic area and work experience; Shared accommodations available to those who require residence; Salary tax free/exempt for treaty First Nation Employees; Employee benefit package offered.
Please submit your resume stating experience, qualifications, updated Criminal Record Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check along with three (3) references (one being your last employer) to:
OSCN Personal Care Home
Box 366 Koostatak, Mb.
THIS POSITION WILL BE OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We thank all those that apply and only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.
The successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment testing as per the FRCN Illegal Drug Policy.