ARENA ASSISTANT for the Fisher River Sports & Recreation
Fisher River Sports & Recreation is seeking applications for a Seasonal Arena Assistant to work at the Fisher River Sports & Recreation Facility. The successful applicant will work under the supervision of the Recreation Manager/Coordinator. They will be responsible for keeping the Facility with complete caretaker, cleaning and janitorial services; ensuring a safe work environment for staff and the general public; ensuring an adequate stock of safe & effective cleaning products and housekeeping supplies, provide minor repairs & maintenance and clean and in an orderly condition by performing the following key activities:
- Seasonal Position from October 1, 2018 to March 29, 2019;
- Maintain the Sports Complex Building and Facility in a clean and orderly condition;
- Maintain and clean floors, walls, restrooms etc;
- Keep outside areas of buildings clean;
- Remove snow from doorway entrances;
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs plus
- Must be willing to operate the Zamboni;
- Assist the Arena Manager in other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a Custodian/Janitorial position;
- Be physically fit and able to meet the physical demand;
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision;
- Must be available for shift work and willing to work on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays when required.
- Must provide along with Resume the following checks: Criminal Record, Child and Adult Abuse Registry.
Please forward your resume by: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 @ 4:30 pm.
Human Resource Coordinator
Fisher River Cree Nation
Phone: (204)645-2171 Fax: (204)645-2745 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Successful Candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN Drug By-law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01). We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.*