(3) YOUTH PARTICIPANT – YOUTH MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
(Term April 8, 2019 – March 19, 2020)
The objective of the Youth Mentorship Program will be to expose the Youth mentees to community based managers and management related duties. This will prepare youth mentees for occupations in the management field in and out of the community. They will learn the day to day functions of the manager role. Participants will also be provided with academic, career, and social support while in the program and also attain new skills and strengths through professional networking. Also Mentorship Group will be responsible for the coordination of an Annual Community Youth Cultural Camp & Conference.
- Youth Mentors will job shadow managers employed with the Fisher River Cree Nation rotating organizations on a bi-weekly/monthly basis. From Mondays -Thursday and required to report to the Human Resource Office on Fridays.
- The youth as a group will be responsible for coordination of the Annual Community Youth Cultural Camp & Conference. The entails planning, fundraising, obtaining funds and completing reports for the both events.
- Youth Mentors will also have training and seminars for professional development opportunities which they will be required to attend.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fisher River Cree Nation Band Members
- Between the ages 18-29
- Out of school for 6 months
- Preference will be given to youth with a High School Diploma or equivalency
- Wishing to obtain training and experience in the Management Field
- Able to work as a team member
- Have motivation and ability to work independently
- Reliable and on time for work daily
- Flexible to work extended hours during the Community Youth Conference and during certain work placements.
- Applicants must submit their Criminal Records Check, an Adult Abuse Registry check and a Child Abuse Registry Check with Resume. These checks are at the applicant’s personal cost.
Potential Start Date: Monday, April 29, 2019
Closing Date for Applications: Friday April 5, 2019 at 4:30 PM
Submit resumes along with cover letter to:
Human Resource Coordinator
Fisher River Cree Nation
Fax: (204) 645-2745
Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-screening drug-test (as per the FRCN Drug By-Law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01). We thank all those who applied, however only applicants selected will be contacted for an interview.